Job Title: Operations Assistant - Khoms
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Misrata, Libya
BACKGROUND:The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The humanitarian situation in Libya has deteriorated since the 2014 civil war. According to the United Nations Humanitarian Response Plan for 2017, 1.3 million people require urgent health assistance, including an estimated 700,000 IDPs and 1 million refugees and migrants. In response, the IRC launched an emergency program in September 2016 in Libya which aims to provide life-saving medical care, medicines, and medical supplies to Libyans and non-Libyans and in doing so strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Health. At present, the IRC is conducting these activities in Misrata and Tripoli
SCOPE OF WORK:
Working under the supervision of the Field Manager in Misrata, and in coordination with the Senior Humanitarian Access and Security Coordinator, the Operations Assistant for Khoms will collaborate and coordinate with supply chain and humanitarian access team based in Misrata to ensure effective operational support to programs in Khoms program delivery site.
· Ensure that all facilities are well functioning, including housekeeping, office supplies, electricity, timely maintenance and repair, Internet and other communication function.
· Working closely with supply chain team in Misrata, ensure monitoring, renewal and termination of contracts and payments with suppliers, service providers
· Monitor proper use and functionality of office equipment
· Ensure the management and monitoring of subscriptions and monthly telephone and Internet communications.
· Ensure that a proper records for all correspondences is maintained
· Ensure compliance of administrative policies and procedures with IRC standards and local law.
· WorK closely with supply chain team in Misrata to ensure transport requirements for Khoms are met, inventory and assets, and local procurment are performed as per IRC Supply Chain policies and are compliant.
· Ensuring supply chain records are well maintained.
Staff supervision & management
· To supervise facilities and office based support staff (guards, cleaners, drivers). Ensure that they are given regular feedback on any service improvements
· To complete Performance Management Evaluation (PME) for Guards, Cleaners and drivers.
Humanitarian Access, Safety and Security
· Monitor important developments in Khoms and surrounding areas and keep the the Access team informed on events that have implications on staff safety.
· Maintain a network of contacts and liase accordingly to facilitate program implementation.
· Support the program teams with community engagement.
· Ensure all field-based staff and visitors adhere to safety protocols.
· Supervise security guards at the office.
· Report incidents to the Access team.
Coordination and Representation
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in Khoms including government actors and local traditional leadership. Together with key program staff represent repsent to IRC to the municipality and local Civil Sociaty Commission.
· Strong sense of personal integrity.
· Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
· Strong supervisory skills.
· Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
· Knowledge of generic supply chain and administration procedures and practices (NGO experience advantageous).
· Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
· At least 1-year experience in similar position, preferably with an INGO.
· Holder of a valid driving license
· Competent in spoken and written English
· Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets.
The IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined inthe IRC Way-Standardsfor Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.