Do you enjoy designing and building unique and impactful solutions to help clients scale and optimize their cloud environments? Do you dream of having an ambitious, high-impact role that has the potential to change entire industries? Do you want to work with like-minded people from all over the world? Do you see technology challenges as opportunities to add value and shape the future of the digital landscape? Join us and let's get the cloud revolution started!What You Will Be Doing
You will work across a portfolio of clients and cover a range of industries and technologies, making this an amazing learning opportunity. All team members are encouraged to learn and apply the latest cloud computing patterns (think about the entire AWS catalog, not just EC2 & S3). You will be always supported by your fellow teammates and managers, who are happy to share their knowledge and help you solve problems if you are stuck.
Day-to-day, you will:
Lead Software Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Design and build unique and impactful solutions to help our clients scale and optimize their cloud environments
- Identify the true root cause of complex software problems
- Reject bad code changes
- Simplify and communicating complex software architectures using the C4 model
- Build comprehensive test plans using Google's ACC methodology
- Drive full CI/CD implementation for the products under your responsibility
Each week, you will work on a particular product or solution to:
- Become the go-to expert on products and solutions to which you are assigned
- Uphold high standards on fundamental data structures, algorithms, and architectural best practices
- Promote the quality of all code in your work, and the accuracy and completeness of your architecture artifacts
- Dig deep into issues to identify root causes
Throughout your time with us, you will:
- Continually learn and leverage new technologies, patterns, and practices
- Solve complex, ever-changing problems across a large and growing portfolio
- Own the creation of simple and clear product specifications
Being successful in this role requires deep technical skills across a variety of technologies and domains in addition to exemplary communication skills.
Specifically, candidates must have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline, or a combination of work experience and education
- A total of 5 years of experience in Full Stack designing and developing software solutions
- 3+ years of hands-on production code development experience in Java or C# on a scalable, commercial product
- 3+ years of responsibility for architecture as a designer
- 3+ years of experience in cloud infrastructure
- Ability to develop infrastructure-focused solutions for AWS/GCP/Azure
- Skilled at building data-intensive software in the cloud
- Deep familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google
- Experience in containerization, Docker and Kubernetes, Python
- Delivered solutions to enterprise clients
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, and the ability to identify and articulate patterns in unstructured and unorganized content
Other, highly desirable skills include:
- Expertise in other current, mainstream languages (examples include Python, Go, Kotlin, Scala) and frameworks (examples NodeJS, Spring)
- Ongoing contributions to leading Open Source project
- Expertise designing CI/CD pipelines
Virtasant is a global cloud services provider with industry-leading technology, capabilities, and people. We've been working in the cloud, testing the limits of its capabilities, since the start. To do this, we've built one of the world's largest fully remote organizations. We transform, build, and optimize products on the cloud every day, helping companies make the most of the cloud's native capabilities.What’s Next?
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from our partners at Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4386-LY-Tripoli-LeadSoftwareEn