Business Enabling Environment Team Leader
Libya - Tripoli
|Posted date||10 October 2019|
|Location||Libya - Tripoli|
|Education||Law Degree (JD, SJD, LLB or LLM) Required|
The Pragma Corporation is recruiting a Team Leader for the Business Enabling Environment Component of its Libya Public Financial Management (LPFM) activities.
The BusinessEnabling Environment (BEE) Team Leader will be working with a world-class team of legal, economic, business, and trade experts to assist the Government of Libya (GoL) reform its current economic governance and business legal regimes to bring them into line with best international practice. The BEE Team Leader will be a principal contact point and liaison between project experts and GoL counterparts and other Libyan stakeholders. The position will, therefore, be based in Tripoli, Libya.
- Law Degree (JD, SJD, LLB or LLM) Required
- Professional Fluency in Written Legal Arabic Required
- Strong Written and Spoken English Skills Required
- Proficient English Legal Writing Skills Highly Desired
- 8+ years of experience with the commercial and economic governance legal regimes of Libya or a MENA country that has implemented reforms in these areas (e.g., Jordan, Egypt)
- Experience advocating or implementing such reforms in a MENA country preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively and professionally with other team members and Government of Libya counterparts
- Must be able to produce and competently supervise the production by others of professional English/Arabic translations of legal documents and instruments
- Must be willing to live and work in Tripoli
- Pragma offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.