CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.Overview Of Position
Under the overall supervision of the Protection Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Assistant (multi location), the incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of IOM Protection activities in the East of Libya.Role objectives
- Supervise IOM/CTG Libya Protection staff based in the East. Distribute tasks, set work-plans, and closely monitor performance.
- In close coordination with other IOM units, oversee and undertake regular protection monitoring visits to assigned locations where migrants, IDPs, returnees and vulnerable host communities reside to identify needs, provide case management services, carry out monitoring activities and prepare protection reports.
- Support high quality and timely case management services in the East in coordination with specialized protection colleagues and Senior Protection staff (General Protection and Child Protection). Maintain updated service mapping, oversee and follow up internal and external referrals, respond to emergency cases outside of regular working hours as required.
- Support the expansion of the host family program in the East and oversee the day to day running of the program in close coordination with relevant colleagues and Senior Protection staff.
- Support the expansion and implementation of Community Based Protection activities in the East, including consistent and high quality reporting on community needs, coping mechanisms and community feedback.
- Lead in the organisation of events and meetings with community focal points, NGOs, State actors and service providers on selected protection concerns as required.
- Lead in the organization of trainings, roundtables and workshops for government, NGO and community counterparts in the East. Support the development and delivery of protection curricula and modules.
- Maintain strong synergies and cooperation with other IOM Libya programs in the East, ensuring protection is mainstreamed throughout activities and coordinating for all relevant visits and activities.
- Develop and maintain strong relations with local partners including community leaders, Non-Governmental and Governmental stakeholders. Liaise with stakeholders on key protection issues as required.
- Liaise with Procurement, Logistics, IT and Finance colleagues in the East as needed for IOM Protection-related activities and needs.
- Maintain up-to-date records of all assigned cases, services mapping, incident reports, meeting/event reports and promptly complete all data entry and reporting requirements in line with IOM data protection principles.
- Represent IOM Protection at relevant meetings as requested, participate in case-management meetings and other protection meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Under the overall supervision of the Protection Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Assistant (multi location).Key competencies Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results. Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes. Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate. Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work. Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution in Political or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Human Rights, Communication, International Relations or Law, or relevant field;
Minimum of three years’ professional experience in the field of Case Management with a Non-Governmental Organisation or UN Agency.
Demonstrated management and leadership skills;
- Effective organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and plans, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines;
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications .e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of Case Management Software;
- Demonstrated problem solving attitude and skills;
- Good written and spoken communications skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Fluent in English and Arabic, both written and spoken, knowledge of French is considered an advantage.